Competition Track Information
DAYCO Competition track is open to any Senior level DAYCO dancer and to Junior & Apprentice DAYCO dancers by invitation. DAYCO Competition track dancers will attend DAYCO three Saturdays a month beginning in September 2019.
For a dancer to be accepted to the Competition track, the following requirements must be met:
- Enrollment in a Summer Intensive (Ballet Boot Camp & DAYCO summer camp can fulfill the requirements for the 19/20 season.)
- Private lessons with a DAG instructor for each solo to be performed at YAGP and/or Grand Jete. Lessons will be scheduled through the DAG Office, and payment of $60 per hour will be paid directly to the DAG instructor.
- All dancers wishing to be a part of the Competition track must submit an application by August 2, 2019.
- Applications will be available on-line by July 22nd. Pictures of all costumes will be uploaded as part of the application.
- All dancers wishing to be a part of the Competition track must demonstrate their solo for DAG directors in the start of the season.
- This demonstration is being used to ensure that dancers have a fully completed solo(s) and to gauge the comfort level of the dancer as a soloist.
PDF Embedder requires a url attribute DAYCO Tuition and Payment Options
Additional YAGP expenses:
- Minimum of three one-hour private lessons per classical solo = $180 minimum per solo
- Minimum of three one-hour private lessons per contemporary solo = $180 or New choreography set on student $300
- YAGP registration = $50
- YAGP entrance fee per solo = $125 minimum
- Ballet costume rental = $100
- Contemporary costume purchase = $75
- Hotel – $150 per night = $300 minimum
Total = $755 minimum in addition to YAGP DAYCO tuition
Competition Track Application Process
- Applicants must complete regular DAYCO application and be accepted prior to submitting YAGP application.
- Applications will be available on DanceArts Greenville website.
- Applications are due August 15th – NO exceptions!
- Dancers will be notified of acceptance no later than September 1st.