Based on the success of the DAYCO YAGP track in the 2017-18 dance year, we are pleased to offer this opportunity again for the 2018-19 dance year. YAGP track DAYCO is open to any Senior level DAYCO dancer and to Junior level DAYCO dancers by invitation. YAGP track DAYCO dancers will attend DAYCO three Saturdays a month beginning in September 2018.
For a dancer to be accepted to the YAGP track, the following requirements must be met:
- All choreography for YAGP solo(s) must be completed by August 15, 2018.
- Dancers must have a minimum of three one-hour private lessons with a DAG instructor for each solo to be performed at YAGP. Lessons will be scheduled through the DAG Office, and payment of $60 per hour will be paid directly to the DAG instructor.
- All dancers wishing to be a part of the YAGP track must submit an application by August 15, 2018.
- Applications will be available on-line no later than June 1st. Pictures of all costumes will be uploaded as part of the application.
- All dancers wishing to be a part of the YAGP track must audition on August 18, 2018.
- Auditions are being used to ensure that dancers have a fully completed solo(s) and to gauge the comfort level of the dancer as a soloist.
DAYCO Projected Calendar and Schedule
DAYCO Tuition and Payment Options
Additional YAGP expenses:
- Minimum of three one-hour private lessons per solo = $180 minimum per solo
- YAGP registration = $50
- YAGP entrance fee per solo = $125 minimum
- Ballet costume rental = $100
- Contemporary costume purchase = $75
- Hotel – $150 per night = $300 minimum
Total = $755 minimum in addition to YAGP DAYCO tuition
YAGP Application Process
- Applicants must complete regular DAYCO application and be accepted prior to submitting YAGP application.
- Applications will be available on DanceArts Greenville website.
- Applications are due August 15th – NO exceptions!
- Dancers will be notified of acceptance no later than September 1st.
YAGP Requirements for Acceptance
- Dancers must have completed a minimum of three one-hour private lessons per solo with DAG instructor by August 15th – NO exceptions!
- Dancers must have completed application on file with all costumes pictured by August 15th – NO exceptions!
- Dancers must participate in audition on August 18th – NO exceptions!
- After acceptance to YAGP, dancers and parents will sign a commitment contract.