COVID-19 SAFETY Protocols
The health and safety of our students, faculty and families are our priority. Please read and understand the safety rules updated August 2nd, 2020. Thank you in advance for your pateince and efforts to make sure our staff, families and students safety is our #1 priority. Protocols will change if/when CDC and DHEC change.
- Everyone must wear a mask or face covering on all DAG property (including the porch) when physical distancing can not take place. Students do not need to wear masks during class when physical distancing is set, unless government mandated. Students who can not physically take their mask on and off by themselves (under five) or health reasons (need a note from a doctor) do not need to wear masks.
- Separate entrance and exit door
- Each studio has been taped to provide 6′ squares that keep students physically distanced. Larger studios have 6′ X 8′ rectangles taped.
- Students under 8 years old, may have an adult walk the child to the porch and if needed, lobby, but then need to wait outside of the studio.
- Twinkle Dance students (ages 2.5-5 years old) may have one adult walk their child into the studio (Adult with a mask on) for the start of the classes to help with separation anxiety. After the first month, we ask that parents drop-off and pick-up.
- Camera’s installed in all studios with TV monitor available under the porch for parents that are waiting to watch.
- All studios are on the same floor (no upstairs studio anymore)
- All DAG staff and adults/caretakers will have their temperature checked and need to wear masks on DAG property. We realize the beginning of the season is harder for the younger students to manage without an adult and we are working on these procedures for our youngest students.
- Each studio has a Cleaning cart: equiped with hand sanitizer, tissues, cleaning bottles and paper towels.
- Please do not come to the studio if you have a fever, have two or more Covid symptoms (per the DHEC regulations) or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive.
- If your child becomes exposed (closer than size feet and more than 15 minutes) to someone who has tested positive then please inform our studio and stay home.
- If your child has a Positive COVID-19 test result please inform our studio and stay home.
- Our office will send an email to the address on your Parent Portal Account with information. Per the DHEC regulations, student(s) and teacher will need to go into quarantine.
All surfaces (barres, floors, sound equipment, door knobs, bathrooms, etc) will be sanitized regularly. We have the floors taped with a minimum 6′ blocks to help keep dancers physically distant.
If a dancer is sick, has been exposed to Covid, or is uncomfortable with “in person” instruction at this time, a ZOOM computer and monitor will be set up in the studio for them. The infected or compromised dancer will not be allowed to return until he/she has passed the CDC guidelines to return.
Additional safety measures:
We ask that each dancer bring a water bottle to limit the use of a common water fountain. PLEASE LABEL THE WATER BOTTLE. We will have water bottles available for purchase next to our office to ensure, all students can have water during classes. $1 bottle.
Our teachers and staff will help with class transition.
Assigned staff will clean all barres and equipment between classes.
Assigned staff and upper academy student assistant will escort students back to the porch for pick up.
Our porch has been taped off with markers on the floor to keep students and parents physical distance. Student will need to wait on the porch until excorted into the building.
Drop-off and Pick-up procedures are set up:
- Drop-off can be made for all students Ballet 3 and up, without walking the child to DAG porch. Students will be excorted into the building from the porch.
- Drop-off ages 2.5-5, Parent must walk their child to the porch and wait until staff is ready to walk them into the building.
- Drop-off Ballet 1 & 2, parent must see a DAG staff on the porch to supervise the child before dropping off.
- ALL pick-up is made with the parent waiting on our porch and walking them to the car (with masks on when physical distance 6′ can not be made).
- PLEASE be patient the first weeks, as we get the transitions smooth, YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE LEFT ALONE ON THE PORCH so do not worry if you can not access a parking spot to walk to the porch. If you have a PICK-UP person that you DO NOT WANT to pick up your child, I must have that in writing and sent to office@DanceArtsGreenville.com.