COVID-19 SAFETY Protocols
The health and safety of our students, faculty and families are our priority. Please read and understand the safety rules updated August 30th, 2021. Thank you in advance for your patience and efforts to make sure our staff, families and students safety is our #1 priority. Protocols will change if/when CDC and DHEC change.
- Students are highly suggested to wear a mask or face covering entering the DAG studios. Students do not need to wear masks during class when physical distancing is set, unless government mandated. Students who can not physically take their mask on and off by themselves (under five) or health reasons do not need to wear masks.
- Students under 8 years old, may have an adult walk the child to the porch and if needed, lobby, but then need to wait outside of the studio.
- Twinkle Dance students (ages 2.5-5 years old) may have one adult walk their child into the studio (Adult with a mask on) if student is new or need more assistance. After the first month, we ask that parents drop-off and pick-up.
- Each studio has a Cleaning cart: equiped with hand sanitizer, tissues, cleaning bottles and paper towels.
- Please do not come to the studio if you have a fever, have two or more Covid symptoms (per the DHEC regulations) or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive.
- If your child becomes exposed (closer than size feet and more than 15 minutes) to someone who has tested positive then please inform our studio and stay home.
- What to do if you test positive or close contact/exposure? CLICK HERE FROM CDC
All surfaces (barres, floors, sound equipment, door knobs, bathrooms, etc) will be sanitized regularly.
If a dancer is sick, has been exposed to Covid, or is uncomfortable with “in person” instruction at this time, a ZOOM computer and monitor will be set up in the studio for them. The infected or compromised dancer will not be allowed to return until he/she has passed the CDC guidelines to return.
Additional safety measures:
We ask that each dancer bring a water bottle to limit the use of a common water fountain. PLEASE LABEL THE WATER BOTTLE. We will have water bottles available for purchase next to our office to ensure, all students can have water during classes. $1 bottle.
Our teachers and staff will help with class transition.
Assigned staff will clean all barres and equipment between classes.
Assigned staff and upper academy student assistant will escort students back to the porch for pick up.
Drop-off and Pick-up procedures are set up:
- Drop-off can be made for all students Ballet 3 and up, without walking the child to DAG porch. Students will be excorted into the building from the porch.
- Drop-off ages 2.5-5, Parent must walk their child to the porch and wait until staff is ready to walk them into the building.
- Drop-off Ballet 1 & 2
- Pick-up can be made with the parent waiting on our porch and walking them to the car. We do have a carpool pick line but this does get backed up.
- PLEASE be patient the first weeks, as we get the transitions smooth, YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE LEFT ALONE ON THE PORCH so do not worry if you can not access a parking spot to walk to the porch. If you have a PICK-UP person that you DO NOT WANT to pick up your child, I must have that in writing and sent to office@DanceArtsGreenville.com.